Monday, October 8, 2007

Indian Summer

As we swam and splashed in a local lake on an 86 degree day two weekends ago, the only evidences this may be our very last chance to do such things were the leaves around us--firey and warm. Like the sun.

Sarah was visiting from Charlotte, and Jake had a four-day weekend for the Columbus Day holiday, so it was a fun and family filled weekend together. We are also trying to get our fill of Daddy-time, as Jake was informed three weeks ago that he would be headed to the DC Metro (Ft. Meade, MD) for 8 weeks of training. Yes. Two months. (Insert deer-in-the-headlights face here.) So, with that journey begun, I'm learning more about the big ocean of God's grace with new trenches to plumb and more beauty to see. Always. I'm also learning more about myself. And so far it's only day five. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to what I'm going to experience during the rest of this journey. (Though, it goes without saying that my Love is missed terribly.) But I'll let you in on a little secret: my husband is a great writer. That's not the secret. The secret is that between a long distance courtship, bootcamp, various naval trainings, a deployment to the mid-east, and most recently, a five month separation during my recent pregnancy, I've come to look forward to the loving, generous gift of his coorespodance. Not that hearing his precious words isn't wonderful, but something about having them in ink to look back on at my leisure, and far into the future, makes all the missing almost worthwhile.

Here are some pictures of our day at Gun Lake and our visit with Ain't Say-rah.

I don't know who likes the orca more, the parents or the child.




Sunshine on Penelope Mae.



Our little fish--who is scooping and kicking her way to actually swimming in her lessons at the YMCA. Scoop. Kick. Scoop. Kick.



Last picture with Daddy before the exodus.

The table Belle helped decorate for our last daddy-dinner.


Belle and the Ain't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Penelope has grown SO MUCH! She looks like the "Gerber Baby" with that gorgeous round baby-face!
The autumn pics are lovely...and I smile just to see all my babies together having fun!!!!!
What a fish you have there :)
I love you all so much!
Mother

JenLo said...

Those girls are just beauties! And you are so blessed to have a guy who loves to express himself through writing...that's a rare quality these days.