Saturday, October 18, 2008

Right Now, and Before

I suppose there are many things that make me love October. The contrast of the sunbursts of yellow, red and orange leaves against the sky make it seem a cool, electric blue. Chilly air that gives you a start when you inhale and makes you glad you pulled that sweater out of your closet. The first pumpkin pie and warm soup of autumn. Even the mountains of leaves you raked being ruined by little jumping bodies is a much-anticipated event, and I have to say Michigan does not disappoint on any of these fronts. It's a truly beautiful time of year here, and we're loving it.


We've been hiking as much as Jake's schedule will allow, and I've enjoyed taking the girls to the pumpkin patch and dwarf apple orchard--yes, an orchard where even 16-month old Penelope can pick her own apples from miniature trees. Genius.

My play went well and was a lot of fun to be a part of, though I definitely underestimated the commitment of time. Regardless, it was a wonderful experience.

I'm 23 1/2 weeks pregnant, and it's difficult to believe this pregnancy is more than halfway over. My anticipation is growing and growing to meet this little man whose kicks and turns wake me up in the middle of the night.

Enjoy a little look at our month. And if you're wondering what the last photo is... well, that's one for the history books. It's Penelope flushing the toilet after her first successful use of the potty. I'm just hoping it wasn't a fluke.






.




4 comments:

JenLo said...

We love apple orchards and pumpkin farms here too! The cold weather definitely has a bonus feature in those fun activities!

Nan said...

...counting the days until I see all of you...Nan

Charlotte Eagles Soccer Club Brazil Tour 2007 said...

and i would like to add that penny was wearing her cool girl shirt when she went potty for the first time. yep, she sure did!

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

So, I tried to leave you a comment quite some time ago and my computer freaked out so here's try # 2! Thanks for the congrats on my pregnancy- we are pretty excited! When are you due? This month or February? Our ultrasound is the 27th so we'll find out if it's a boy or girl then. We begin "the great remodel of 2009" on our house this weekend in which Jesse will construct a wall upstairs to create 2 bedrooms up there. Fun! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas- love ya!